Time for some yard maintenance. Its been a while since I installed my sprinkler system. I have noticed that the heads are sticking and not popping up like they should. So I went out and bought a new batch of heads.
Replacing them has been a real pain in the neck! Most of them are stuck in the earth. When you unscrew the head, the top part comes off and the bottom part is still in the ground. So you have to grab it with pliers and slowly rock it back and forth in an attempt to remove it. It is like pulling teeth! Then you have to screw the new head in. Which is not as easy as it sounds. Next you run the system to see if the heads are on tight. If so, you remove the sprinkler tops and let any dirt in the lines to flush out.
After doing ten of them, my hands are torn up. I have four blisters on one hand. I can see that this is going to take a while to finish.