Here is my current setup for food photography using small camera flashes. Each stand is built from:
- LumiQuest ProMax SoftBox III (35.95)
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash (404.95)
- Pocket Wizard AC7 RF HardShield (35.00)
- Pocket Wizard FlexTT5 Transceiver For Canon TTL Flashes and Digital SLR Cameras (229.00)
- Manfrotto 026 Swivel Lite-Tite Umbrella Adapter (33.10)
- Manfrotto 5991B Nano Black Light Stand 6.2′ (56.50)
The camera taking the picture is a Canon EOS 7D. On it, sitting on the hot-shoe, is a Pocket Wizard MiniTT1. And, sitting on the hot-shoe above that, is a Pocket Wizard AC3 Zone Controller.